Creating a POP Email
Our guide here is based on the cPanel platform as cPanel is the most used webhosting hosting worldwide.
The interface is user friendly and easy can understand without any steep learning curve.
For those who find it difficult, you can just follow the steps.
The first step is to create a new POP email account and then you just need to follow the below step-by-step instructions.
- Login to cPanel and click Email Account. I am using namecheap.com web hosting, so I log in from its dashboard as I do not want to keep too many password.
- Click Create button to create a new POP email account.
- Select your domain. If you have more than one domain hosted in cPanel, click the pull-down symbol on the right to select your desire domain.
- Enter the username. The email address will be firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Set you password here. There are two ways to set your password.
First is by generating a random password. Second way is to manually set password of your choice. To do this just click the Generate button. Record your password in your note as this password will be used during email client setup later.
- Here you can set the maximum storage space for the user. In this example, the maximum total size of the emails is 1GB.
You can set your own desired size. After your mailbox reaches 1GB, the sender will be informed by email that the recipient mail already reaches the maximum capacity.
Leave other settings as they are not required for now.
- Then click Create button.
- Now we have successfully created a POP email.
See How to set email client using webmail.
See How to set email client using Microsoft Outlook.